2007-02-09

Travel in Thailand

I've returned to Taiwan from my first trip to Thailand. (Yes, they are different countries.) I went with musicians from National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU Shida) who were making a concert tour of Bangkok and surrounding cities. Joining us on the trip were officials from the school's administration and a number of professors from the school's Center for Chinese Language and Culture.

The experience served as a delightful introduction to a fascinating culture. Friendly people, enchanting history, glorious food, smiling climate.

I accompanied university officials and language scholars on one visit to a university campus. Our Thai hosts welcomed us with native dishes and fruit, served as a traditional Thai ensemble performed. After lunch we went outdoors to feed the animals. The campus trees in this case were populated by monkeys, not squirrels.

I will be processing the photos from this visit for a while. Watch for them at my gallery.

________

No comments: