2006-01-26

Tao Yuan Symphonic Winds

I'm delighted to announce a new partnership with the Tao Yuan Symphonic Winds. The ensemble has appointed me their principal conductor for 2006. We're planning a busy year. We will begin with two concerts in February, both in Taoyuan, and prepare an early summer concert to be performed in China, before returning to Taiwan to perform at the music festival in Chiayi next fall.

The ensemble, administered by Mr Jung-Sheng Chen, music director, and Dr San-Nan Lee, executive director, likes to offer a multinational music experience in every concert. One of the things that most excites me about this association is the opportunity it affords me to explore new music by Taiwanese and other east Asian composers even as we perform staples of the wind ensemble'res rerpertory. I'll share audio files as we're able to get get them.

________

No comments: